Wednesday, October 24, 2012

299 Days & Glen Tate II

So I managed to connect with the author of 299 Days, Glen Tate. He is giving Indiana Self Defense free bookmarks to hand out at the store. I am very grateful to him for this and we will be handing them out with every purchase. This is something you cannot buy or get anywhere that I am currently aware of. Thanks Glen and Prepper Press. Hopefully they will arrive for our next class at the store.

I have finished both books and am eagerly awaiting book 3 and 4 supposed to be out mid November. I am totally hooked. The whole family is, even the 10 year old loves the books.

These books made me think of things in a new light. I thought we were better prepared than most but showed me things I had not yet realized. It also made me start paying attention to the economics and financial situation around me. I went to the grocery store tonight (we only go once a month or longer and usually buy at restaurants supply in bulk) and realized how much food prices have gone up and continue to go up. I find myself saying literally out loud "I am not paying that much". Times are changing and I feel it is going to get worse.

I also think the book is good to have people read who are not all into the prepper world. I think it may open their eyes just ever so much. I think they are enlightening so much so I am putting the book and a reference into the free classes I give at ISD for "intro to prepping" and "getting your spouse or family on board". If you have read or checked the books out please do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment